Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

New Broadband Customer - Packet Loss

EdJohnno
1: Seeker

Hi all,

I'm a new broadband customer to Vodafone on the high speed ADSL service.  I have download speeds of 70 mps when I run the speed test.

However, when I run pingplotter I'm showing huge packet losses on the connection to the router from laptop on the wifi.  Packet losses between 70% and 100% all of the time now.  

The connection was fine for the first 3 days of the service but now it is no good for gaming or streaming due to the packet losses.

Please don't recommend I connect to the router using an ethernet cable because my home office is not in the same room as the router and that really isn't the problem.  I should be able to connect to the wi-fi without this amount of packet loss. 

Any help appreciate.d 

Thanks.

1 REPLY 1

Anonymous
Not applicable

When performing diagnostics it's always a good idea NOT to use the "I just know that works so I'm not going to test it" approach!

Okay so the VF router has pretty bad WiFi, but even then WiFi is radio-based, not magic-based, so you still have to do a little work regards placing the router in order to get a decent signal.

Actually the first thing you might want to do is change the WiFi username and password to the same as that of your old router and see if that works - just in case you have a "naughty" device you haven't change the details on which has gone rogue and obliterating your WiFi (should never happen, but very occasionally does!).