Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

sync vs throughput

passat52
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Shocking speeds for the last 2 days, making streaming unwatchable, the router sync speed is Mbps, speed tests report less than Mbps??????????

i have reported, and done the 1st level troubleshooting, I am still in my 14 day period, do i wait until tech get back to me or just cancel?

Just to add, this is on WIRED devices, so WiFi troubleshooting will have zero impact, so please don't send me advice related to wireless signal issues.

Does anyone else suffer like this, and has anybody has any success sorting this.

Again, my previous suppliers, SKY and PLUSNET both achieved stable sync at 75+Mbps and stable download speeds on average of 65+Mbps, there is no issue/change to my setup other than provider.

3 REPLIES 3

Jayach
16: Advanced member

If your wired download speed is much less than your sync speed it may be due to congestion due to too many users. There have been others reporting this lately, possibly as Vodafone have taken on many new users thanks to aggressive pricing but have possibly not beefed up their backend to match.

If that is the case the slowdown would be worst at the busiest times so is your download speed bad at all times of the day?

Its NEVER above 26mbps via speed test.net ive made the decision now to cancel. I'm currently speaking to vodafone to have the parental restrictions removed as that doesn't seem to be a easy job either. I'm so disappointed so far with this service.

Jayach

@passat52 wrote:

I'm currently speaking to vodafone to have the parental restrictions removed as that doesn't seem to be a easy job either.

You should be able to do that here:

https://www.vodafone.co.uk/webcenter/portal/myvodafone/pages_manageservices/managecontentcontrols