cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

No Internet ...new to VF Home BB... HELP!!

jb9999
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Home BB - no internet - all lights on router OK !  All help guides followed many times. No luck.

Can login to My Account  (via my phone data hotspot)  ...... but then access is denied as when I attempt to change the original PW sent by VF (who ask me to change this but don't allow me to).

Additionally, the security codes sent by VF to verify login were ok yesterday (10/6) but are not being sent today!

Anyone had similar prob;ems? and managed to solve them.

Any help appreciated.  

2 REPLIES 2

Beth
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @jb9999!

I'm sorry to hear you're having issues at the minute. Could you please also ensure the three steps below are followed:

1. Please make sure the router is in the most central location possible within the home and isn't behind or inside any furniture that can block the signal from it.
  2. Please ensure there are no baby monitors, radios, microwaves or other routers nearby as this will disrupt your signal.
  3. Ensure the router is away from any reflective surfaces such as mirrors, polished metal or fish tanks as this will bounce the signal back to your router and stop it reaching your devices.

If it's a wireless connection, you may need to split your Wi-Fi into two separate frequencies. This is particularly useful if you use a variety of devices as the 5Ghz provides a much stronger connection over shorter distances, so is better for consoles, smart TVs and PC's. Whereas the 2.4Ghz is a slightly lower connection but reaches further so is great for mobile phones, tablets and small electronic devices that connect to the internet.

To separate your frequencies, please follow these instructions:

1. Download the Vodafone Broadband App 
  2. Start the app and follow the prompts to pair the app with the router. 
  3. Select 'My Wi-Fi' 
  4. Tap the slider next to Split SSID
  5. Done

Once you've done this, follow these next steps to change your Wi-Fi channels:

1. Tap on the 'My Wi-Fi' option, then scroll down and tap on the 'Wi-Fi Channels' option. 
  2. The next page will show you the two frequencies the Wi-Fi is broadcast on; 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz. 
  3. Select 2.4 GHz, and the app will display a list of 13 channels, change the selected channel to one that has no numbers next to it on the left hand side. 
  4. Monitor the performance for 24 hours and change the channels again if the performance is the same or worse.

Sometimes your contents controls can also block the connection to the router, please see the videos below for how to change this:

If for whatever reason your broadband isn't connected, this may be what is causing the issue with your online account. If none of the above works, please click here to contact an agent via social media who can troubleshooting your connection with you 😊

Follow up to my original message.

The response above contains some good information and is a good place to start for anyone new to VF having similar problems or general set up help.

I tried the forum ahead of eventually resorting to a web chat with VF.

The web chat did not resolve the issue of no internet but it did help a little step towards eventual resolution. The web chat was quite lengthy and lasted a couple of hours. They tried everything to try to help.  However they helped reset my PIN and Memorable Info which I had totally forgotten during the Web order process. 

The final idea from the Chat advisor (Riya)as the "content blocking" advice shown above too. I had a feeling this could be important but I could not get past the "Change Password - VF securityCode" pages to do anything with MY VF account/account settings etc.

So, with my newly set PIN I was now able to phone VF and actually speak to a very helpful advisor  (Chris) who was concentrating on the MY VF issues ...password/security codes. He also managed to add my mobile to the phones list so texted security codes could be sent directly to it rather than the new VF Landline (voicemail method).

However, I still could not get the security codes page to work!

The final and key part of the puzzle was an idea I had from previous experience when using Chrome web browser. Occasionally when Chrome will not respond to inputs on certain webpages, I usually try a different browser ...... in this case I tried the EDGE browser and success !!  the page accepted the VF Security codes and allowed me full access to my VF Account. I set my requirements on the "Content Controls" page and finally achieved "Internet Access , secured" .... working perfectly and well above predicted speed.

SUMMARY!!!    If you have a similar problem, ie unresponsive page ....try another browser! 

(There was no real internet/wifi issue here ... just the online account access and a "gremlin" in the Chrome browser.)

Hope this helps other new VF Home BB customers................jb9999