Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

ORDI REQUEST

iarybreko
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I'm having a bit of frustrating experience today.  I'm trying to get Broadband but there is some sort of misinformation between Openreach and Vodafone. Basically my address is SIlver, I spoke to Openreach and I got told that it's a very simple process that service provider (Vodafone) needs to follow. Below is a message from Openreach that details what needs to be done.

"Hi there, We need you to speak to the provider your choosing to place an order with. There is currently an address issue:

- Address is showing as a Silver address and an order can only be placed when it's upgraded to a Gold Address.

-To upgrade it to Gold, a provider needs to access the Openreach Portal and complete a form called an ORDI. All advisors should be able to do this, but if not, they should ask their manager.

- Once the address is updated to a Gold address, you should be able to place an order. It takes about a week to update.

I hope it can be sorted quickly for you. Antony"

I have then contacted Vodafone again and they told me that the ORDI should be done by Openreach and when I told that to Openreach they kept saying that the provider should do it:

"The request has to come from them, it might be worth following their process on their website, as it might be linked directly to ourselves. ^Gareth"

I really don't know what to do.

12 REPLIES 12

Jayach
16: Advanced member

Save yourself the hassle and go with another ISP

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @iarybreko, I'm sure we can get this updated for you. Pop us a private message through one of our social channels and we'll be more than happy to help 😊

Hi, similar issue here. Moving soon and looking for broadband for my new home. Most broadband service provider doesn't have the address on their database. Openreach confirmed that the address is already registered with Royal Mail, so I believe it is  "silver". Can anyone help please?

Amanda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @ew13 - we can help get your address status updated for this - please just pop my team a message via social media

Don't forget to include a link to your post and your community username, to save you having to repeat yourself 🙂 

Thanks @Amanda, after talking to the first person, I didn't get any reply for two hours. 

Amanda
Community Manager
Community Manager

I can see we've been back in touch @ew13  🙂

Spent a day to talk with someone in the social media. Following the instruction from your colleague, and spent another day to reach the "specially-trained colleagues" .

And now "specially-trained colleagues" said,

"Hi , we have our own underground infrastructure so some properties we can supply some we cannot , if we cannot supply you when you check on the website then we cannot give you broadband , sorry"

Admins here, please stop giving false hope to people and waste their time if vodafone simply can't do it. Thanks.

Jayach

@ew13 wrote:

And now "specially-trained colleagues" said,

"Hi , we have our own underground infrastructure so some properties we can supply some we cannot , if we cannot supply you when you check on the website then we cannot give you broadband , sorry"

What cobblers. they have no "underground infrastructure" it all belongs to Openreach, and all you are asking for is to get a database updated.

Save yourself the hassle, go with someone else.

Evie
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

I'm sorry to hear that this is the experience you've had when speaking with us @ew13 - We are constantly working with OpenReach and CityFibre to get our Broadband services rolled out to as many areas as possible. I'd advise to continue to check our broadband checker and register interest here.