Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

PS5 on Vodafone WiFi

dazwoz
1: Seeker

Last night I got to finally setup my PlayStation 5. I scanned for available networks, found my router and connected to it. After a couple of minutes my PS5 disconnected and said that wifi was not available. I tried to reconnect and couldn’t. I rebooted the PS5 and again connected to the router only to be booted within a couple of minutes. I then went into my PS5 network settings and forgot the router and then did a rescan of available Wi-Fi. The router wasn’t listed at all. I checked the router config via my phone app and everything was fine. My PS5 was listed as offline.
I then went into the PS5 network settings and tried to configure manually via WPS. I pressed the WPS button on my router until the LED was flashing and tried to connect my PS5 but the PS5 didn’t detect anything.
I then tried to configure everything manually on my PS5 and entered all of the network settings. This still did not work.
So I forgot all network settings on the PS5, rebooted it, did a rescan, found the network, connected and watched it continually connect and disconnect over a period of half an hour before I gave up.
Do you have any suggestions I can try tonight when I get home? You must have lots of customers with games consoles connected to WiFi on your routers.

5 REPLIES 5

Ripshod
16: Advanced member

Do you have a third party router you could test with?

The vodafone router is flaky at best and I'm 100% sure moving away from this will fix the problem and likely prevent other problems in the future. 

Jayach

@Ripshod wrote:

The vodafone router is flaky at best 

I really don't think the THG3000 is "flaky", Crippled by the Vodafone firmware, but not flaky.

But not being a PS5 user, I can't really make any suggestions so trying another router is a good idea.

I agree the issue with a lot of these routers provided by isp is the firmware.

Some do use subpar hardware as well which is suppose to be for high speed but has issues with 6+ wireless devices.

DazWozUK
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Problem seems to have righted itself. Maybe it's because the router was settling down as it was just installed.

CrimsonLiar

It's something that we probably don't mention enough, but if your router picks a DFS channel, it can suddenly stop transmitting on the 5GHz, and take up to 10 minutes before it's available on another DFS channel!

However, in such cases, the 2.4GHz should always work.