Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Random connection drops

Fishrage
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi,

Since last week we randomly get connection drops on ALL our devices.   I spoke to your front line support who told me to disable Content Control (!!!!!).  When I asked to be transferred to 2nd line he told me that was not possible.

Issue is totally sporadic.

Devices and issue observed:

• Mobile phones (Huawei & Samsung)
    • Web pages not loading randomly

• Apps not loading (i.e. Reddit app, see above I guess)

• Youtube videos stop loading randomly
    • WIFI totally disconnects for a few seconds
  • Home PC (Wired connection)
    • Random lagg spikes and disconnects whilst gaming
    • Random disconnect on voice communication (Discord/Mumble)
  • Home Laptop (Dell G3) - WIFI
    • Random lagg spikes and disconnects whilst gaming
    • Random disconnect on voice communication (Discord/Mumble)
  • Work Laptops (HP & Dell) - WIFI
    • Random VPN disconnection on BOTH laptops (different VPNs and different companies)
    • Pages not loading randomly

I am very close to cancelling altogether... 

Can someone please help?

Thanks

dsl_status.png

2 REPLIES 2

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Fishrage We'd hate to see you leave us - I'm eager to get to the bottom of what may be causing any drop outs and inconsistencies with your connection. Please be aware if you've recently joined us, you may find your connection hasn't settled as we'll be testing your connection over the first 10 days to make sure it's as fast and reliable as possible. 
If you've been with us for longer than 10 days, we'd need to access your account to run further tests and checks. Please drop us a message on Twitter or Facebook where we can then get the ball rolling with this. I'd recommend adding your Community username and a link to your post from here, as we can then see the results you've already posted (so you won't need to write them out again) and we can track down your messages if needed.

@Tash

I'm not on social media, and I'm afraid due to the way I have been treated by the customer service team, I've moved on to BT now.