Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Super wifi booster not pairing with router

colophon
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I am trying to get a super wifi pro booster to pair with the router, but the white light on the booster keeps flashing white. I have the Vodafone Broadband app on iOS, and the published instructions say to 'Click on the super wifi tile' and follow the instructions. However there is no super wifi tile in the app dashboard, even after I have reinstalled the app. The booster box is definitely in a location where there is a wifi signal because I am able to connect to the router in that location from several other devices. Is there an online version of the instructions for connecting the booster? How can I tell if the booster is connected up correctly?

35 REPLIES 35

Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh please no!  If Vodafone have done what this sounds like, it'll be the biggest laugh ever!!!!

Can you check by logging into the router, what channels the router is using?  The reason for asking is that it sounds as though the WiFi booster isn't capable of accessing the same channels as the router is!

The router is currently using channels 11/36 although channel selection is configured to Auto in the settings.

Available channels under manual selection are 1-13 on 2.4GHz and 36,40,44,48,52,56,60,64,100,104,108,112,132,136,140 on 5GHz

I don't know what the booster uses, nor how to find this out.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Nope that should be working then!

If you want the good/bad news, I think you are the first person in here with the new VF Pro broadband.  That should also mean that you have access to their new WiFi experts (as opposed to their regular customer services...).

One trick to try would be to enable WPS pairing from the router menus rather than the push button if that's possible, but other than that personally I don't think I can help!

Jayach
16: Advanced member

@Anonymous wrote:

That should also mean that you have access to their new WiFi experts (as opposed to their regular customer services...).

Sorry to  correct you but they are Xperts not experts.

Cynric

I once heard "expert" defined as "ex" as in "has-been" and "xpert" (i.e. "spurt") as in "a drip under pressure" 😁

Script readers they definitely do not deserve the word experts.

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @colophon, please do give us a call on 03333 040 191 and we'll put you in touch with our Wi-Fi Xperts who are currently aware of the issue and will be able to resolve this for you. They're available to assist between 8am - 9pm, Monday-Friday and 8am - 8pm, Saturday-Sunday (and public holidays). 

Jayach

@Tash wrote:

Hi @colophon, please do give us a call on 03333 040 191 and we'll put you in touch with our Wi-Fi Xperts who are currently aware of the issue and will be able to resolve this for you

@colophon If you do get to speak to the Xperts, let us know what they suggest. If it is a WiFi channel problem it will be very interesting to know how they are going to get over it.

I called 03333 040 191 to try to talk to the Wi-Fi Xperts who are currently aware of the issue and got a stupid voice-activated robot that recommended me to look online.