Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Super wifi booster not pairing with router

colophon
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I am trying to get a super wifi pro booster to pair with the router, but the white light on the booster keeps flashing white. I have the Vodafone Broadband app on iOS, and the published instructions say to 'Click on the super wifi tile' and follow the instructions. However there is no super wifi tile in the app dashboard, even after I have reinstalled the app. The booster box is definitely in a location where there is a wifi signal because I am able to connect to the router in that location from several other devices. Is there an online version of the instructions for connecting the booster? How can I tell if the booster is connected up correctly?

35 REPLIES 35

Finally I got through using online chat. It turns out that the main router required a firmware upgrade and the wifi expert was able to do this remotely. 

Once the firmware upgrade had been installed, I was able to see the super wifi tile on the phone app and go through the setup process in the app. The booster is now connected and running

Anonymous
Not applicable

A happy customer!  Are we still on Vodafone?

As for Xperts I guess to me this suggests eX-pert, ie a bit saggy, past its best, and not what it used to be.

Why not just post the answer as there are several of us who have fallen for this scam!!!

Jayach
16: Advanced member

@kelvin1950 wrote:

Why not just post the answer as there are several of us who have fallen for this scam!!!

They did.

@colophon wrote:

Finally I got through using online chat. It turns out that the main router required a firmware upgrade and the wifi expert was able to do this remotely. 

Once the firmware upgrade had been installed, I was able to see the super wifi tile on the phone app and go through the setup process in the app. The booster is now connected and running

No, they didn’t. The OP did. The VF rep could have said that a firmware upgrade was needed but it’s apparently a secret not to be shared with mere customers. TBH, I suspect mine will be going back as the router with booster covers no more of my house than my original router did alone. As for the promised speed………forget it. 40Mbps if the wind is blowing in the right direction.

Jayach

As you didn't address your comment to a specific poster, it's seems reasonable to assume the OP.

You’ve lost me now. What’s your point? I replied to the VF guy. Are you deliberately being obtuse?

Jayach

The VF guy was a girl. I suppose they could be trans.

And there is no way anyone could guess that is who you were replying to, there were 6 previous posters.

Have a nice day.

gipjon

Wonder what firmware version is the update

Yup, you’re trying to be obtuse. Is there any way of muting someone on this forum?