Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

TP Link Deco Set Up

S_REX
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Currently I have Vodafone Gigafast internet with a fibre cable coming into my home. This then connects to to the converter which is connected to my Vodafone router. I then have a TP Link Deco Mesh network attached to this via Ethernet. For clarity my connection is: FIBRE>CONVERTER>VODAFONE ROUTER>DECO MESH.

When I am connected to the wifi coming from the Vodafone router I get about 750-900mbps, however, when connected to my Deco network I only get about 450-550mbps. The decos network is getting 800mbps through the ethernet port (the deco app has a built in speed test). Any advice to improve the wifi performance of the mesh network? Could I remove the Vodafone router entirely? Would this help?

NOTE: I normally have my Vodafone wifi turned off. It is only on for diagnosis purposes.

12 REPLIES 12

Jayach
16: Advanced member

Also, if you are on CityFibre, you may need the VLAN, which will be 911.

Awesome. Thank you. 

i entered in the VLAN ID as 911 but according to Deco Forums I should set the priority to 0. Is this correct?

i still am not getting a connection though. 

WelshPaul

If you're not getting a connection it's likely because you are entering the wrong PPoE credentials. Did you copy and paste what the agent gave you? I would ask for them again to confirm that you definitely have the correct information.