Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Taken forever to get line installed to ny home

Boomer1967
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Ordered the top broadband 1000mps on the 6th Dec 2021 for activation on 23 Dec 2021. An engineer from City fiber turned up the next day on the 7th Dec 2021 looked at my BT line and said "oh it's under the path I'll take a photo and let the office know.". On the morning of activation day 23 Dec 2021 Vodafone called me and said they could not install today there's a blockage, asked when will it be rebooked for, I was told should be very soon. On 5th Jan 2022 I called Vodafone asking when are they going active my broadband I was told they didn't know there's a blockage, but they would call City fiber and call me following day, No call back.

On 13th of Jan 2022 I called Vodafone again with a similar result Vodafone put me on hold and called Cityfiber and came back to me and told me. "There a blockage and until that resolve activation can not happen. Funny thing is the new main line was only put in our street within 2-3months ago so it's all new cables. Unhappy with Vodafones response I called City fiber direct and they have may account but are waiting for an order from Vodafone. Will I ever get my new fast Internet, I'm not sure, but iv already cancelled my current broadband supplier which stops in 4 days. Then no Internet. Has anyone else had these delays and lack of information as I have.

1 REPLY 1

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm sorry you've had a delay in getting your service up and running @Boomer1967. It sounds like there's been a mix up between our selves and City Fibre, I'm sure we'll be able to get this straightened out for you. As we're unable to discuss your account on a public forum such as our Community, pop us a Private message through one of our social channels. When you reach out to us, please include a link to this thread to avoid you having to repeat yourself.