Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Tenda Nova MX3 - CityFibre

Sakh
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi All,

I’m not very technical and hope you can help, I recently had the Vodafone fibre 900 with City Fibre installed, I’ve invested in the Tenda Nova MX3 to solve any black spot issues, however, I’m struggling to get it in ‘Bridge’ mode, I have the ethernet connected to the router, and the WAN/LAN port to one of the nodes. The Tenda nova app is not showing an option for bridge mode and is currently on ‘Dynamic IP’ mode. Any suggestions on how to get it in bridge mode, also it’s currently giving me 2 separate WiFi networks to connect to but I would like to have it on one?

Thank you.

7 REPLIES 7

Cynric
16: Advanced member

@Sakh  The user guide doesn't want to download for me just now, so I'm commenting on the basis of the product specification.

It looks like there are two options. You may be able to plug the Tenda directly into the ONT making the Vodafone router redundant. If you want to keep using the router, I think you take the cable from the Tenda WAN port to a router LAN port.

Jayach

There is a user guide here: https://www.tendacn.com/download/detail-4748.html

If you are going to connect it via the Vodafone router (so you can still use the landline phone) you need access point mode.

If you are going to replace the Vodafone router with it (thereby losing easy access to the landline phone) you need router mode and will need your PPPoE credentials from Vodafone. Get them via live chat https://www.vodafone.co.uk/bbservcd/

Given your non-technical status, Access Point mode would be best for you.

Cynric

@Jayach I was trying to get the manual from that URL earlier this morning and the progress bar just stalled at about 5%

Jayach

@Cynric 

It was fine for me at the time I posted, how is it for you now?

Cynric

@Jayach  It works now. 298 pages of PDF.

CrimsonLiar

PDF = Portable Document Format
It's not shorthand for an expletive!

Cynric

@CrimsonLiar 🤣