Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Trouble connecting PC to Router

Maz246
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi, I’m new to Vodafone broadband. Activation started today and I have managed to get our devices set up apart from our PC. It says there is no network hardware detected. I’ve tried contacting Vodafone, but they weren’t very helpful - just said it was an issue with the PC. Can anyone help with what I need to do to PC so it can pick up the new router? It worked fine picking up our old router with previous provider. 
Many thanks for any help.

4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

No network hardware detected usually means that the network device in your PC has been turned off.  In windows that can be as simple to fix as opening the sidebar and enabling the WiFi tile, or even pressing a hot button assigned over one of the function keys.

Failing that press the Win key and type "control" and then select "Network and Sharing centre", from there you can select change adapter settings, which should bring up a list of any network devices on your PC and you can try enabling them from there.

Should that fail then again from the control panel, you could try launching the "device manager" and see if any of the devices have failed!

See how you get on with that, and update us...

Hi, Thank you for your reply. I’ve gone in to change the adapter settings, but it just says folder empty. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Try:

Press the Win key and type control panel [enter]

Click on Device manager.

In Device manage click on View in the menu bar, and then select the "Show hidden devices" menu item.  Just see if that enables you to see any hardware devices in the Network Adapters section.

*On some computers using built in hot keys actually removes power from the devices making them disappear all together untill the hot key combo is pressed again.

If you are still not getting anywhere then you may need to get a new network adapter!

Beth
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Maz246 Have you tried connecting the PC via Ethernet cable if you're unable to see the router through a manual search? This should at least save the router to the PC to be able to then connect to the PC's network via Wi-Fi.

Please let us know if this helps 😊