Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Unreliable connection

tommothomso
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I have had an extremely unreliable connection - for 2 years - multiple disconnects (shown on router log) - speed also now down 70%. It is NOT a 'wifi' issue - it's a cabled network.

I thought I would try the 'pro' broadband offer - simply does not work - when the adsl line drops - the dongle will take over after a while - around 700Kb down - often nothing. Getting through to the 'xperts' is impossible - wait 40 minutes in a que and chat will be terminated - despite the advertised 'get through immedeately'

Been through every single question multiple times on 'chat' - aparrantly they are 'monitoring the back-end' again - been there before. I simply have not the time anymore to try and get this resolved (or the money - new router - new cables - new ethernet switch - no change). Our service is getting close to unuseable.

Can anyone advise me on how I can leave vodafone without penalty - I know simply not paying is not an option - but I am at my wits end. The contact I have had has been polite - but I am still paying for a service I cannot use. Do I need to contact ofcom? or do I need to write to vofafone - I am simply at a loss.

Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

Here's the link to the info that you will need in order to leave without cost: https://www.vodafone.co.uk/help-and-information/complaints/code-of-practice

It might well be worthwhile to check the precise version of the terms and conditions that were in play when you Ordered "Pro".  Initially, some of these contracts offered a "leave at any time" without penalty, though that clause now appears to have disappeared (I wonder why!)

https://www.vodafone.co.uk/terms-and-conditions/ and according to my understanding you'll need the version from your joining date, not the commencement date!

...thank you so much for the reply - that's exactly the information I need.

Thanks again.

Jayach
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

I would just add that I can't believe you didn't just leave when your 2 years were up, and still gave Pro a go.

A leopard never changes it's spots.