Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Using Asus router. However telephone?

Kamsung
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi guys.

I am running my own asus ac3200 router as the vodaphone lacked lots of configuration items I needed.

Question is though how can i get my phone line running through my router? Can i get a third party ethernet to voip to run? I need the land line for my elderly parents sake. 

The VF router you plug the phone in to the back on your away. Just need to know if I can get it working with this setup. 

Thanks. 

Kam

11 REPLIES 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

A third part VoIP solution should work, though I'm assuming you are on Gigafast so I'm not sure if you are already paying for this service!  Probably best to speak to the Gigafast support team first, and if you are not already paying for it you can buy various devices of Amazon and the like that will once you are paying for an appropriate service will allow you to use a conventional phone if you have one or go for a VoIP only device!

Thanks for your reply. Only realised now some of the things I wrote dont make sense as the VF side doesn't work very well on my phone.  

However will this device do the job? This in to the Asus router:

Grandstream SIP-ATA HandyTone HT801 https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B06XW1BQHC/ref=cm_sw_r_em_apa_i_GsVsEb41PV87Z 

I have taken the phone service with the gigafast router.  

Thanks 

Kam

Anonymous
Not applicable

You'll need to speak to the specific Gigafast support team to see if you can get the VoIP settings from them, so that you can apply them to the device - if you can get the settings it should work though you might need to get an RJ11 to BT phone jack adapter!

Thank you! 

Already ordered and have a text with the details I need from Voda. I'll update this thread in case anyone else needs it in the future.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Do keep us all updated, because that seemed a lot less hassle than I was expecting!

Hi,

Did you manage to get everything setup and working? 

Thanks.

Hi. 

No unfortunately. Support was minimum. Was thinking of giving it a go again as I have been helping people work from home and had to mess about with SIP settings etc. 

Actually there's an app called Microsip. That technically should work from the pc. Its freeware too. 

Give me a few days. If I can get it working on that then I should be able to get the small box to work. 

Kam

Hi

I have on occasions used....

krazylegz1
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Sorry for sounding thick but what benefits would you achieve by plugging your phone into your router rather than just the phone socket on the wall?