Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

VDSL2 PPPoE IPv6 with own modem and router

THG3000-IPv6
4: Newbie

Hi,

VF is toying with IPv6 and I just wonder if anyone managed to get it working on their own equipment running VDSL2?

What is the size of the prefix given?
Any prefix hints?

I have tried the following on the RouterBoard device:

#Enable "Prefix delegation" on the firewall
/ipv6 firewall filter add action=accept chain=input comment="Allow DHCPv6 client" dst-port=546 protocol=udp src-address=fe80::/10

#Enable acceptance of router advertisements
/ipv6 settings set accept-router-advertisements=yes

#Request ADDRESS and PREFIX
/ipv6 dhcp-client add add-default-route=yes interface=pppoe-out1 pool-name=VF-IPv6 request=address,prefix

#Check
/ipv6 dhcp-client print
Columns: INTERFACE, STATUS, REQUEST
# INTERFACE STATUS REQUEST
0 pppoe-out1 searching... address
prefix

But disappointed result at the end :Sad_face:

2 REPLIES 2

Cynric
16: Advanced member

@THG3000-IPv6  It's not going to make difference which router you use until VF have got their infrastructure IP6 connected to the national backbone. 

CrimsonLiar

You'd have to use HurricaneElectric or similar as a tunnel broker, and yes with the correct settings, it will mostly work in dual stack at least.  For some reason, Instagram really doesn't like H.E. IPv6, and streaming apps that need to determine your location will complain at times.  As for the prefix, if you pass their certification you can get a /48 prefix, but I think the standard/initial prefix is /64.
*This is from memory as I'm now with BT with IPv6 and a /56 prefix in a dual-stack, which for me has been working flawlessly since day one!