Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone WiFi Hub DNS Issue

yilkork
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi,

I started to use Vodafone Home Broadband service on mid of Jan-2020. Since the first installation, I couldn't connect to the internet when the DNS set to "Automatically" (It says DSL is connected but no internet connection). When I change it to Manual DNS and set to Google DNS, I can connect.

I opened a ticket for this issue, a Customer Relations agent talked with me but this issue couldn't be solved because they are not technical experts. and he suggest to search in online forums :Smiling:

Could anyone help me to fix this issue?

P.S. : I'm a Telecommunication Engineer, I can talk in technical language if anyone try to explain something to me :Smiling:

Best Regards

41 REPLIES 41

Ripshod
16: Advanced member

That's the firmware version on my router now, the second of the 2 updates - the one I got mid December when I reset the dns

CrimsonLiar

The only way that updating the firmware could normally be held back by using non-Vodafone DNS, would be if one of the network engineers had done something strange (it happens, intentionally or not).

I have noticed using DNS Bench, there have been times when Vodafone own DNS servers are wildly out of sync with each other.