Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone throttling vpn traffic?

vodehome23
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have alot of users within our company working from home, but 1 user in particular seems to have our vpn software drop out from time to time, and also our softphone voip system which uses a built in vpn also drops out from time to time.

As no one else is with vodafone and is having these issues and i have exhausted all other options of it being a hardware, software or networking issue, my next thought is that maybe vodafone throttles vpn traffic or drops vpn packets from time to time?

1 REPLY 1

CrimsonLiar
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

See https://www.vodafone.co.uk/cs/groups/public/documents/webcontent/pdf_broadband_and_talk.pdf

So according to Vodafone no there is no restriction on VPN traffic - why would there be?

So it comes down to the capability of the equipment being used, and the environment in which it's being used.  It may be that using a third party router that has built-in (and decent) VPN capabilities could be the answer - it offloads the VPN from the end machine, and makes it tougher to mess with other settings that can affect performance.