Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone will not switch to city fibre

uk144
2: Seeker

My Openreach contract with Vodfpne is coming to an end. We now have City Fibre in our street. I can sign up to Vodofne as a new customer (theoretically) on a City Fibre tariff or any number of other non-Vodafone providers. when I tried to ask for a new contract to follow on from my existing one their 'system' would not let me have a cityFibre connection but just a 48MB line. They did check this but no luck to get a Full Fibre 2 connection. Anypone else had this? Looks as though they want me to move providers....

5 REPLIES 5

Ripshod
16: Advanced member

Looks more like they want to keep you on the cheapest option. To go cifyfibre they'd have go pay for a full install. 

I rang up again. did get an offer of City Fibre but then they couldn't manage to do it in the system. IT will be easier to go elsewhere.....

Ripshod

Of course they couldn't do it on their system, you have an active openreach connection. 

uk144

I rang up for the last time and I had a helpful person that created a new order at the transfer price.. happy days. My advice ring up at least 3 times before giving up. The good thing about vodafone is that they give you a landline for free.

Jayach

@uk144 wrote:
My advice ring up at least 3 times before giving up. 

Even if you are not changing technologies, but just renewing, don't accept the first offer.

It took me three goes before I could get an agent who offered me an acceptable deal. It obviously helped that I was quite prepared to go elsewhere If I couldn't get one.