Welcome to Vodafone Community
i've just switched to vodafone from sky, where my netgear extender worked fine. I have reset it and pressed the button on it and my new vodafone router, to connect. It is connecting very intermittently, not enough to be of any use. I contacted vodafone support who told me to do what I had done already, so then suggested i ring back tomorrow for tech support. does anyone have any tips? thankyou
Hey @empireurn , that sounds like you might have some wireless interference going on. It could be due to another router nearby. Your extender needs to have a stable signal from the router to work properly.
If it’s just interference, you can avoid this by changing the WI-FI channel the router’s using. If you get it on a channel that none of your neighbours are using it will be a lot more stable.
We have a app for your phone that makes it easy to change the channel. Just follow these instructions:
1. Download and install the Vodafone Broadband app on a device connected to the router's Wi-Fi network.
2. Start the app and follow the prompts to pair the app with the router.
3. Tap on the 'My Wi-Fi' option, then scroll down and tap on the 'Wi-Fi Channels' option.
4. The next page will show you the two different frequencies the Wi-Fi is broadcasting on; 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz, we need to change channels on both to have an effect.
5. Monitor the performance for 24 hours and change the channels again if the performance is the same or worse.