Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

What broadband connection am I getting

Monkeyfinger
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have just ordered vodafone superfast 2, to begin in Feb 2022 which I thought would be fttc (as per my current provider). However, the contract paperwork I have received from vodafone states ftth. I know that ftth is available at my house so I wondered if it is vodafone's policy to upgrade new customers to ftth where available or whether it is a typo in the documents and i will remain on fttc. Naturally I welcome an upgrade to ftth but I am a little confused at the moment.

Anyone have a clue?

4 REPLIES 4

Jayach
16: Advanced member

It's not the first time that question has been asked on here.

It is my belief (and I have no concrete proof) that the full fibre suppliers are pushing that product so the ISPs will supply it that way as they get a better deal from the suppliers.

Openreach Unveil Major FTTP Pricing Offer for UK Broadband ISPs UPDATE - ISPreview UK

Thanks for the reply. Thats an interesting article and it does sound as if I may be getting ftth after all. My current fttc connection gives 20mbps and vodafone have said I will get 75mbps so I will keep my fingers crossed.

Thanks again.

Jayach

Do let us know how it all goes for you, it will be useful if the query comes up again.

Update:

O/R arrived on the arranged date and replaced my copper phone cable with fibre as stated in my VF contract. Everything went well and I am very pleased with the service I received and also the broadband speeds I am now getting.

As per Jayach's comments, O/R appear to be pushing to replace copper with fibre where it is available. 

For info, O/R ran the fibre via the same route as the old copper cable (overhead, leading into the garage). They used a CSP but installed this inside the garage along with the ONT so all in all a very neat job - well done O/R and VF!