cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

WiFi to one phone has disappeared - how do I access Router account?

Shooby
4: Newbie

Hi.

I've had Voda BB (their ~35Mbps Fibre 1) for a couple of months now, and all is generally going fine.

Recently, one phone (a Vodafone Smart V10) has completely lost its internet connectivity, and nothing makes it come back! The WiFi icon disappears, and searching for networks finds a couple of local ones (Post Office and Sky), but not my Voda, even tho' it's positioned right beside the router. What the?!

At one point last week, it came back and seemed to work fine - I'd done nothing to make this happen. But now it's been gone again for nearly a week.

I've tried multiple reboots of the phone, entering the network details manually, and repeated 'search for networks', but nothing. This Voda V10 phone simply does not pick up the Voda router, even tho' my main mobile phone (a Pixel) does, very happily.

This has also made me realise that i do not have access to my router 'account' - ie where you can check what's connected, whether 2.5 or 5GHz or both, that sort of stuff - I had this with my previous TT router.

So, a couple of Qs, please:

1) Any idea why my Voda V10 cannot find my Voda router any more? And]#

2) How do I log in to my router?!

Thanks 🙂

4 REPLIES 4

Jayach
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

@Shooby wrote:

2) How do I log in to my router?!

Have you looked on the bottom of your router?

Ah! The http will be there? Oops - will have a look 🙂

Thanks.

Thanks Jayach - and D-oh!

Both WiFi bands are on, but the Vodafone V10 doesn't appear in the connected items. There are a couple of devices that aren't 'named' as such, so no idea what they are.

My V10 says netwrok 'not connected'. When I click on it, my router SSID does come up as a 'saved network', and when I choose it, it comes up with a box which says: Security None, and 'FORGET' or 'CANCEL'.

It just appears 'dead', except it's seemingly picking up a neighbouring SSID fine (Post_Office)

I am a twit.

Got the 192.168 address, and used the provided password - logged on fine.

Tried again this morn so I could try changing the SSID addy and password to see if that would sort my phone, and I couldn't log on - it kept refusing.

Reset the router - which I should have done first off - and everything is back to normal, and phone connecting fine.

D'oh!