Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Xbox Series X wired connection issue

JosephA12
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi, hoping someone could help.

Since switching to Vodaphone I have been experiencing issues with my Xbox connecting to the the network via a wired connection. What I find is sometimes if I restart the Xbox enough, it pics up the wired connection.

What I have tried (on the Xbox):

Reset MAC - same issue

NAT Type set to open which is correct

Did a factory reset of the Xbox - same issueHowever when I connected the Xbox to the Wi-Fi - works fine

What I tried on the router;

Power cycle - same issue

Manually added DNS (8.8.8.8) - same issue

Changed Ethernet cable - same issue

Other devices connected via a Ethernet cable work fine.

At the point I don’t believe this is a Xbox issue but an issue with the router or broadband. Is there something that maybe stopping/making the wired connection intermittent as I’m not sure what else to do.

As I said I had no issues when on Virgin using a wired Ethernet connection.

428 REPLIES 428

Same result here.

Bought the 6 quid TP link switch someone linked earlier.

My Xbox One X is now connected via ethernet with no problems.

Just out of curiosity can you do a speed check on the console to see if going through the switch affects the download/upload and input latency you got beforehand?

I'll check shortly, but I've gone from about 250mbs up/down on WiFi, to 950/750 on ethernet.

Cheers. It's just the wired comparison I'm after. My current wired download is 958.26, upload 689.69, input latency 25ms, and 0% packet loss. Would just like to know if going through the switch has a negative effect on any of that.

It's under the console network settings, Test network speed & statistics if you haven't used it before.

No noticeable loss of speed or increase in latency going through my switch (samknows whitebox)

980 down , 780 up zero packetloss, 18ms

Also at the time I've got my son twitch streaming and playing online, daughter watching youtube but these are the figures I would expect at this time of the day

Jayach
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

I wonder, are all the people with this problem on CityFibre? Anyone on FTTC or Openreach FTTP?

@ZinGeRs says they didn't have the problem until they switched.

ZinGeRs
12: Established
12: Established

Yes I'm on city fibre switched as soon as my virgin contract ran out

Just to reiterate, I'm on a CityFibre connection. Only had this problem since moving from Plusnet.

I am on FTTC and have this issue.

Cityfibre