Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Xbox Series X wired connection issue

JosephA12
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi, hoping someone could help.

Since switching to Vodaphone I have been experiencing issues with my Xbox connecting to the the network via a wired connection. What I find is sometimes if I restart the Xbox enough, it pics up the wired connection.

What I have tried (on the Xbox):

Reset MAC - same issue

NAT Type set to open which is correct

Did a factory reset of the Xbox - same issueHowever when I connected the Xbox to the Wi-Fi - works fine

What I tried on the router;

Power cycle - same issue

Manually added DNS (8.8.8.8) - same issue

Changed Ethernet cable - same issue

Other devices connected via a Ethernet cable work fine.

At the point I don’t believe this is a Xbox issue but an issue with the router or broadband. Is there something that maybe stopping/making the wired connection intermittent as I’m not sure what else to do.

As I said I had no issues when on Virgin using a wired Ethernet connection.

428 REPLIES 428

Open reach 

Jayach
16: Advanced member

Thanks for your replies, obviously not just CityFibre. 😀

Beth
Community Manager
Community Manager

For everyone that is experiencing the issue of not being able to use your Xbox with an ethernet cable, can I just clarify with you that you only have 1 Xbox console?

I had this issue when I tried to use an ethernet cable with my Xbox One and my partner's Xbox One. I found a Microsoft forum that said you're only able to have 1 Xbox connected via ethernet and 1 via wireless. As soon as I blocked my partner's Xbox One in the Vodafone Broadband app, mine was then recognised as using the ethernet cable and immediately processed the update I was trying to do on it

Hi. I have just 1 xbox.

Hi just one series x in my household. 

Just the one xbox

Ripshod

A bit late to the party but:

Is everyone using the THG3000 router?

Has anyone tried setting a fixed IP on both the router and the xbox?

I'm asking because I remember reading somewhere that the xbox's dhcp times out to quickly, often killing an active session. Fixed IP was a sure workaround in those cases.

Even if you use your own router gotta be worth a try?

tl;dr

Always had a fixed ip on mine anyway from my virgin days when the router would not open some ports properly for cod so would have a restricted NAT, manually forwarded the ports as I do with Vodafone too.

So really doesn't help in this case the only workaround for now put a switch in-between the router and Xbox like  we have discussed 

Jayach

@ZinGeRs wrote:

So really doesn't help in this case the only workaround for now put a switch in-between the router and Xbox like  we have discussed 

Which also says the number of Xbox's is irrelevant.

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi everyone, thanks again for your patience. This has been investigated by our Support Teams who have not been able to find any issue. To continue the investigation the teams will need:

• The OS Version of the Xbox
  • Model / Variant of Xbox
  • When you first noticed the issue
  • If possible – the Event logs and PCAPs

Please can you reply with this information through Social Media. If you’ve already provided these details to my team on Social Media, then please get in touch again and include a link to this thread. This will then prompt my colleagues to escalate the above details and your account numbers.