Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Xbox Series X wired connection issue

JosephA12
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi, hoping someone could help.

Since switching to Vodaphone I have been experiencing issues with my Xbox connecting to the the network via a wired connection. What I find is sometimes if I restart the Xbox enough, it pics up the wired connection.

What I have tried (on the Xbox):

Reset MAC - same issue

NAT Type set to open which is correct

Did a factory reset of the Xbox - same issueHowever when I connected the Xbox to the Wi-Fi - works fine

What I tried on the router;

Power cycle - same issue

Manually added DNS (8.8.8.8) - same issue

Changed Ethernet cable - same issue

Other devices connected via a Ethernet cable work fine.

At the point I don’t believe this is a Xbox issue but an issue with the router or broadband. Is there something that maybe stopping/making the wired connection intermittent as I’m not sure what else to do.

As I said I had no issues when on Virgin using a wired Ethernet connection.

428 REPLIES 428

I have just joined Vodafone same issue as everyone here if i use a different router will it fix the issue?

I had no issue with sky broadband and the xbox.

Best to get a Ethernet switch mate. Vodafone have forgotten about this issue 

ZinGeRs
12: Established
12: Established

Just get a cheap switch unless you fancy buying a new router

@telf29  new router sorted me out and as it is WiFi 6 I'm getting wired speeds through WiFi now too

Great thank you, so all I need is a cheap switch I assume it's ethernet from router to the switch then eithernet from switch to the Xbox and it will start working again?

Jayach
16: Advanced member

@telf29 wrote:

Great thank you, so all I need is a cheap switch I assume it's ethernet from router to the switch then eithernet from switch to the Xbox and it will start working again?

Yes.

It works I get connection but now NAT not available and Toledo unavailable. Any idea, games seems to work.

Jayach

Are you sure you're using a switch, and not a router?

Yes I bought a switch on Amazon. Which got the connection back but now have the NAT and Toledo issue.

Jayach

A switch should be completely transparent, so shouldn't cause a problem. (and obviously hasn't for many others on the thread now using one)

Did you get the switch previously mentioned in this thread, and if not what one did you get?