Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Xbox Series X wired connection issue

JosephA12
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi, hoping someone could help.

Since switching to Vodaphone I have been experiencing issues with my Xbox connecting to the the network via a wired connection. What I find is sometimes if I restart the Xbox enough, it pics up the wired connection.

What I have tried (on the Xbox):

Reset MAC - same issue

NAT Type set to open which is correct

Did a factory reset of the Xbox - same issueHowever when I connected the Xbox to the Wi-Fi - works fine

What I tried on the router;

Power cycle - same issue

Manually added DNS (8.8.8.8) - same issue

Changed Ethernet cable - same issue

Other devices connected via a Ethernet cable work fine.

At the point I don’t believe this is a Xbox issue but an issue with the router or broadband. Is there something that maybe stopping/making the wired connection intermittent as I’m not sure what else to do.

As I said I had no issues when on Virgin using a wired Ethernet connection.

409 REPLIES 409

Sorry this is not a xbox issue. 

As I mentioned before I was with talk talk and there was no issue ans this only happened switching to vodaphone.

I also don't know anyone else with this issue who are with other providers who have xbox series x.

Also when you Google this no other broadband provider has this issue only voda.

This thread has been getting more and more active so there is clearly a issue which needs someone from vodaphone to look into.

Mine works over WiFi. Won't stay connected on ethernet.

Strangely enough it worked fine for the last 11 months on ethernet with my Plusnet service. It had no problem with my Deco mesh system either, which one of Vodas experts intimated was causing the problem, either that or my Xbox was faulty.

I don't mind Vodafone not knowing what's happening with this problem, but trying to blame anything else other than it might be the router is not a good look.

Nah it must be our Xbox that is faulty common theme here all fine until we got the Vodafone router.

Yet it is an Xbox problem 😭😭

Jayach
16: Advanced member

Looks like I touched a sore nerve there. Sorry.

I'm definitely not a great fan of Vodafone, and definitely think their support sucks.

Bit if you look at it from their point of view, the only complaint of ethernet connected device problems come from Xbox users. (and I believe it's only one series that has this problem).

I can see why it's not high on their list of priorities.

If it really is causing you that much grief, have you considered using your own routers?

It's not a sore nerve it's more that this has been going on for months and no one from vodaphone has acknowledged it or looked into it.

We don't want this palmed off as a xbox issue.

Personally I don’t think this will be fixed as like mentioned it is probably pretty low on Vodaphone list of priorities which I understand.

It would just be nice if a engineer from Vodaphone could look at this in more detail. Like others have said I was with Virgin with no issues then when I moved to Vodaphone the issues started and works fine over the Wi-Fi but not Ethernet.

Literally any help would be great but I’m not expecting much here as we have to be realistic.

folks I am in same issue. 
BT worked completely fine and I took my Xbox to a friends to test and the wired worked perfectly. 

seems to be a Vodafone router issue exclusively. Bound to be a firmware fix

Can anyone confirm if this problem happens with the Series S also?

Jayach

Is it really only a Vodafone problem? Xbox series X wired connection issues - Microsoft Community

ZinGeRs
12: Established
12: Established

I've not disputed it could be a series X problem but with the amount of evidence on this thread it is a clear that it only affects series X in conjunction with the Vodafone router.

Quote me if I am wrong all of the incidents reported in this thread have all come from other providers without having the issue prior to joining vodafone