Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Xbox Series X wired connection issue

JosephA12
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi, hoping someone could help.

Since switching to Vodaphone I have been experiencing issues with my Xbox connecting to the the network via a wired connection. What I find is sometimes if I restart the Xbox enough, it pics up the wired connection.

What I have tried (on the Xbox):

Reset MAC - same issue

NAT Type set to open which is correct

Did a factory reset of the Xbox - same issueHowever when I connected the Xbox to the Wi-Fi - works fine

What I tried on the router;

Power cycle - same issue

Manually added DNS (8.8.8.8) - same issue

Changed Ethernet cable - same issue

Other devices connected via a Ethernet cable work fine.

At the point I don’t believe this is a Xbox issue but an issue with the router or broadband. Is there something that maybe stopping/making the wired connection intermittent as I’m not sure what else to do.

As I said I had no issues when on Virgin using a wired Ethernet connection.

409 REPLIES 409

Hey Jayach, not sure why the fascination on saying this isn’t a Vodafone issue ? You’ve asked a few times and and gotten Plenty of responses here and on Reddit with folks who it worked flawlessly on other providers but on Vodafone it isn’t working. 

if you also read that full thread you will see that Microsoft issued a fix for issues in May. Yet these issues on Vodafone persist. 

I myself have came from BT where the console worked flawlessly. While others have offered different providers and I

myself tested on both EE broadband and TalkTalk, no issues. 

so only common denominator is Vodafone router. 

Jayach
16: Advanced member

@Sampyp wrote:

Hey Jayach, not sure why the fascination on saying this isn’t a Vodafone issue ?

It's not a fascination, it's just that ethernet is such a basic function of a router, and the Vodafone router has no reported problems on ethernet with any other devices. I just feel it must be the Xbox.

Personally I like to try to help people on here with their broadband problems, and every time the Xbox posts pop up I think "Oh no, not that again"

It's all about me. 😜

Haha sorry if that sounded personal. Appreciate trying to help !!

I think the fact that an Ethernet connection is so basic is what’s so frustrating about this one. 

I’ve asked here, Reddit and Microsoft forms and got no further forward and would love this to actually work. 

I’ve tested my console on different networks and different cables and it works great until I plug into Vodafone. So it has to be a really simple software issue. 

would just love it fixed and across the line :Smiling:

Cynric

Did anyone get this May 2022 firmware drop and did it make any difference?

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2022/05/09/xbox-insider-release-notes-beta-2206-220506-1600/

ZinGeRs
12: Established
12: Established

I'm in the insider program will check what firmware I am on and change the settings from instant on to power saving as that will highlight quickly over the next few days if indeed this may have fixed the problem.

Already updated past that version set the console to energy saver full shutdown.

First boot no network access, three reboots later finally had it.

Changed back to instant on, full shutdown and reboot instant internet.

Still as it was on vodafone

Cynric

Thanks for looking. I was rather over optimistic, but I thought it worth a try asking.

That update was released at the start of the month and no change sadly. 

Hi @Steph 

hope you are well did we get any feedback from @Mark  or @Amanda.

on anything we can send to the tech teams or how we could partner to sort this issue ?

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Sampyp - for anyone that’s still facing the wired connection issues mentioned in this thread, please contact us through Social Media. If you can please include a link to this post.

My colleague that picks up your message can then get this raised on your account and can also see this and reach out to @Mark  @Amanda or myself with the next steps.