Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Xbox Series X wired connection issue

JosephA12
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi, hoping someone could help.

Since switching to Vodaphone I have been experiencing issues with my Xbox connecting to the the network via a wired connection. What I find is sometimes if I restart the Xbox enough, it pics up the wired connection.

What I have tried (on the Xbox):

Reset MAC - same issue

NAT Type set to open which is correct

Did a factory reset of the Xbox - same issueHowever when I connected the Xbox to the Wi-Fi - works fine

What I tried on the router;

Power cycle - same issue

Manually added DNS (8.8.8.8) - same issue

Changed Ethernet cable - same issue

Other devices connected via a Ethernet cable work fine.

At the point I don’t believe this is a Xbox issue but an issue with the router or broadband. Is there something that maybe stopping/making the wired connection intermittent as I’m not sure what else to do.

As I said I had no issues when on Virgin using a wired Ethernet connection.

409 REPLIES 409

ZinGeRs
12: Established
12: Established

Done that thanks 

Thanks @Gemma :Smiling:

I’ve sent a message. 

if everyone experiencing this issue could do the same we will hopefully together get a resolution as we provide support to the team fixing it. 
:Smiling:

Amanda
Community Manager
Community Manager

You're exactly right @Sampyp - the more examples we can gather the better 👍 thanks for letting us know you've messaged. 

Done also.

Hey @Ash23 @WarfaceUK @Ac3Matt    @JosephA12 @Tombaxter321 

Could you folks send a message as well when you’ve time ? More the merrier highlighting and hopefully we get this fixed :Smiling:

Doing it now. 😀

I have contacted them also.

Amanda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you everyone - please remember to include a link to your post here, so we can make sure we don't miss anything. 

Legends :Smiling:

I’ve included the link to this thread. Is that ok Amanda or is a more specific link needed ?

thanks for the help !

I just posted.the link, and.told them my forum name so they could see.my problems and troubleshooting.