Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Xbox Series X wired connection issue

JosephA12
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi, hoping someone could help.

Since switching to Vodaphone I have been experiencing issues with my Xbox connecting to the the network via a wired connection. What I find is sometimes if I restart the Xbox enough, it pics up the wired connection.

What I have tried (on the Xbox):

Reset MAC - same issue

NAT Type set to open which is correct

Did a factory reset of the Xbox - same issueHowever when I connected the Xbox to the Wi-Fi - works fine

What I tried on the router;

Power cycle - same issue

Manually added DNS (8.8.8.8) - same issue

Changed Ethernet cable - same issue

Other devices connected via a Ethernet cable work fine.

At the point I don’t believe this is a Xbox issue but an issue with the router or broadband. Is there something that maybe stopping/making the wired connection intermittent as I’m not sure what else to do.

As I said I had no issues when on Virgin using a wired Ethernet connection.

409 REPLIES 409

Amanda
Community Manager
Community Manager

That's perfect thanks @WarfaceUK @Sampyp 🙂

Got this response about 4 hours ago and replied straight away but nothing since

Hi Sampy 👋 Thanks for taking the time to send us a DM. Just to clarify, you aren't able to get a connection on your Xbox Series X when connected to the router via an ethernet cable? Can you let me know how many Xboxes in total you have connected or are trying to connect at the moment?

So I'm able to locate your account on our systems, please get back to me with your full name and landline/account number. Tim

Jayach
16: Advanced member

To anybody who does report to them, make sure they understand it is only when coming back on-line from "energy-save" mode. Might help to allow them to try to replicate it.

At least I think that is true, I'm sure someone will point out if I'm wrong.

Its not just energy saver mode though. Still happens on instant on just not as often

Jayach

@spinoir 

Thanks for pointing that out, I thought it was only energy saving mode.

@Jayach sadly not mate. Happens with standby and energy saving :Sad_face:

Jayach

Yes, @spinoir has already corrected me. 

It will be really interesting to see if they can find a reason.

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks to everyone who’s contacted our team over on Social Media.

I’m not sure of the replies that you’ve all had, although I can confirm that the examples have now been put together and raised from our side. This will be investigated to see if it’s a wider issue. We don’t have a timescale, although we’ll let you know as soon as we’ve any news.

Thanks Gemma !

any way we can help the investigation keep us informed. Happy to speak to folks on phone and plug Xbox in while network is monitored to see if anything pings. 

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Sampyp - You're welcome. The team it's been raised to have been in touch and they've got four examples so far from us. If there is anyone else that's experiencing this issue, please contact my team through Social Media and include a link to this thread. The details can then be added to the case.