Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Xbox Series X wired connection issue

JosephA12
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi, hoping someone could help.

Since switching to Vodaphone I have been experiencing issues with my Xbox connecting to the the network via a wired connection. What I find is sometimes if I restart the Xbox enough, it pics up the wired connection.

What I have tried (on the Xbox):

Reset MAC - same issue

NAT Type set to open which is correct

Did a factory reset of the Xbox - same issueHowever when I connected the Xbox to the Wi-Fi - works fine

What I tried on the router;

Power cycle - same issue

Manually added DNS (8.8.8.8) - same issue

Changed Ethernet cable - same issue

Other devices connected via a Ethernet cable work fine.

At the point I don’t believe this is a Xbox issue but an issue with the router or broadband. Is there something that maybe stopping/making the wired connection intermittent as I’m not sure what else to do.

As I said I had no issues when on Virgin using a wired Ethernet connection.

409 REPLIES 409

Hi

As others have mentioned I still have the issue with this setting. 

It's not all the time it's random but when it does it I need to reboot multiple times and then it comes back.

I used to be on talk talk and I didnt have this issue before and it was fine for thr first few months of being on vodaphone.

Maybe a router firmware update caused this?

spinoir
4: Newbie

@Amanda Is anything being done about this? It's been months now, more and more customers are having this issue, and still no fix.

Doubt it ever will great internet but not the best for customer service at all it seems

I think it would be great if the community manager could possibly raise this with tech support at Vodaphone.

Alternatively you could raise it with Vodaphone tech support but I have a feeling they won’t be able to help.

Gutted to see this is still an issue ! I raised this with the tech team who simply hadn't a clue a few months ago. 

Hey @spinoir Apologies for the delay in responding! We can certainly check with @Mark and @Amanda to see if this is something we can raise from our side. As soon as they are on shift I'm sure they will look into this for you to see what, if anything, can be done 🙂

Thank you. It would be great if this could be raised.

It is going to be difficult to troubleshoot I feel without an actual Xbox Series X.

I personally think it is something to do with the router and maybe a software update can solve the issue.

I have no doubt it is the router too only happened while been with Vodafone.

Be nice if someone could get it sorted as frankly it annoys the hell out of me and even with instant on enabled you can still occasionally not have a connection and need a reboot.

If power saving mode is enabled lucky if you can ever boot it with any connection to the outside world and from a power saving issue this is the way I would prefer to run the machine 

Jayach
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

I'm not a gamer, but the Vodafone router is nothing unusual in the way it handles wired connections.

Whatever the problem that is causing this it is more likely to be an Xbox problem.

Do these Xboxes work fine over Wi-Fi, but only have problems on ethernet?

ZinGeRs
12: Established
12: Established

As I understand it over wi-fi yes I think they are fine but I don't game over wi-fi, plug direct into the router.

No settings were changed and my series X worked fine with virgin media superhub 3 and 4 problems only started when moved over to Vodafone. 

So yes I cannot dispute your claim of an Xbox problem but it is only a problem with this router