Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Xbox Series X wired connection issue

JosephA12
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi, hoping someone could help.

Since switching to Vodaphone I have been experiencing issues with my Xbox connecting to the the network via a wired connection. What I find is sometimes if I restart the Xbox enough, it pics up the wired connection.

What I have tried (on the Xbox):

Reset MAC - same issue

NAT Type set to open which is correct

Did a factory reset of the Xbox - same issueHowever when I connected the Xbox to the Wi-Fi - works fine

What I tried on the router;

Power cycle - same issue

Manually added DNS (8.8.8.8) - same issue

Changed Ethernet cable - same issue

Other devices connected via a Ethernet cable work fine.

At the point I don’t believe this is a Xbox issue but an issue with the router or broadband. Is there something that maybe stopping/making the wired connection intermittent as I’m not sure what else to do.

As I said I had no issues when on Virgin using a wired Ethernet connection.

409 REPLIES 409

Hello @JosephA12 @I have the exact same problem did you manage to fix it? Any help would be appreciated 

My only suggestion would be to maybe change the console from power saving to instant on in the settings.

I personally haven’t had the chance to try this but seems to have helped others. 

I’m just getting by with it connected to Wi-Fi for the time being.

@JosephA12 yeah I’ll try that now thank you, it’s just so frustrating it just doesn’t make sense to me 

Tell me about it.

Didn’t have any issues with Virgin but as soon as I switched I have this issue.

Further update from myself it can still sometimes happen even in instant on mode.

However not in that mode almost everytine I switch on there is no internet connection.

As mentioned by myself a lot earlier too my previous supplier (virgin) this never happened

I have this exact issue. I started getting it around a month ago.

Is anyone from vodaphone on these forums to assist?

Amanda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there @Ac3Matt - have you tried changing the console from 'power saving' to 'instant on' in the settings, as mentioned above? 

ZinGeRs
12: Established
12: Established

Even if he does that will not 100% solve it, you can still power on and have no connection requiring a reboot or two of the console. Admitted it is a rarity compared to power saving mode which is almost every time.

It didn't matter how you had the console on a previous supplier so has to be some kind of odd quirk with the Vodafone router

I changed from PlusNet to Vodafone ProGigafast 900 last week.

I'm having the same issue with the Xbox Series X not connecting via a wired connection.  After about an hour talking to "Tobi",  earlier this week, I was told I was having trouble using a wired connection because I was using a Deco mesh wifi system, and this causes the Voda router to get "confused" as to how many devices are connected via the LAN ports.  It was also suggested that my Xbox could be faulty.  

I was so disgusted with this excuse, I closed off the call and haven't been on the Xbox since. 

I'll try it again tonight, but if its true the Voda router cant handle a mesh system and an Xbox, well, thats pretty poor.  I'll check what firmware I have too.

Jayach
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

@WarfaceUK

Depends on how you are using the mesh. Have you replaced the Vodafone router with it or have you connected it to the router? If connected to the router you should be running it in AP mode.