cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Does anyone else have really slow internet with Vodafone?

lame153
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Does anyone have the same experience as me? We used to have a contract with Unitymedia (which was pretty good), but Vodafone bought it so now we have a contract for 1000 mbps download and 50 upload with them. On their site's speedtest I get about 3 mbps download and 1 mbps upload. We called their support and they sent a technician today. He said the usual "cables and router don't work how they're supposed to etc etc". He replaced them and after he was gone, the internet was back to 900 - 1000 mbps! Then 1 or 2 hours later it's at the same awful speeds again. Is this normal? I tried downloading a game on Steam and it started downloading at 1 - 2 mb/s. Surely it's not supposed to be this horrible? Is anyone else experiencing such horrible speeds from other providers? I'm starting to think it has something to do with peak hours or something like that idk.

1 REPLY 1

Jayach
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

It would appear you are not in the the U.K. and this is a U.K. forum, so our experiences may be no help to you.

However, it sounds like you need Vodafone to get the technician back, as he obviously missed something.