cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

FTTP 900 Line Slow Upload (and download)

bounderboy
4: Newbie

After having a FTTC line 80:20 for years with Vodafone and getting pretty much full speed i recentley had chance to switch to Full Fibre which i did and initially chose 100 package.  I was greedy and have moved to 900 package as Upload is important to me with uploading video for business..  

When on 100 package i was getting around 18/19 upload - same as FTTC..  But when I have upgrade to 900 package i am now getting only 12.  It is very strange..  Been through support and asking me to send pictures morning, noon and night and feel I am getting into fobbing off territory.  I am using there standard THG3000 hub.  I am testing using Ethernet..  

The download isn't great either at 300-400 but I am assuming both are linked somehow.  But it is Upload I am most upset with. 

I saw someone on another thread ask for Troute to bbc.com - so did that in case it helps...  Anyone have any ideas.. 

Thanks 

Tracing route to bbc.com [151.101.***.*1]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 2 ms 3 ms 2 ms vodafone.broadband [192.168.1.1]
2 9 ms 7 ms 7 ms host-212-158-250-39.dslgb.com [212.158.250.39]
3 * * 8 ms 63.130.172.35
4 * * * Request timed out.
5 10 ms 6 ms 13 ms 151.101.192.81

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jayach
16: Advanced member

Well I think you have proven that it's a configuration being sent to the THG3000 that is causing the loss of upload speed.

When you get the new router, I suspect it will probably work O.K. as I believe the config file is tied to the serial number of the router. (it seems to work that way on FTTC, may be different on FTTP)

It will be interesting to see the result of using a different THG3000.

View solution in original position

72 REPLIES 72

Well let's see. I am at third line support so we will see...  update tomorrow all going well 

Jayach

@Ripshod 

Thanks for thinking I might have some ideas, I had seen the thread, but was just as confused by it as you and @bounderboy.

It really makes no sense, so I didn't join in.

I'm just a bit surprised @bounderboy, that as you are on business broadband you aren't getting better support from Vodafone. 

bounderboy
4: Newbie

Small update - didn;t get the 11am call i was promised however looking at speedtests this morning my download has massivly shot up too 900mbps - however upload still a poorly cousin...  

bounderboy_0-1696680615649.png

bounderboy_3-1696680707316.png

Ripshod

At least a little progress. On the upload are you getting at least 50% of the headline speed? 

No a 10th

IMG_5331.jpeg

Ripshod

No wonder you didn't get that call. Sorry if I'm repeating an earlier question but is it an openreach connection? 

Yes it is Openreach (not City Fibre)

Ripshod

Just had to get your speeds fixed in my head. 

With the increase in your download speed I'd expect them to be working on this right now, but it's likely they'll decide to just go ahead and re-provision you (basically rebuild your service profile from scratch). Don't be surprised if you get an email saying they're sad to see you leaving......... 

Thanks for the reply.. it's so good to have a buddy to go through it with...  I am worried that they will say the download is brilliant now and we don't guarantee upload speeds..  

That vodafone graphic says min speed and max speed the same which is odd.  I assume they just bastardised a DSL graphic they had which shows the Min expected rate for your location and max rate for package you are on..  

Jayach

@bounderboy wrote:
That vodafone graphic says min speed and max speed the same which is odd.  I assume they just bastardised a DSL graphic they had which shows the Min expected rate for your location and max rate for package you are on..  

Which graphic was that? (possibly one of your pictures that haven't been moderated yet?)

If I check an Openreach FTTP area, I see this for the various speeds.Jayach_0-1688771395723.pngIt's an old picture so the prices have changed.

Here is the current one: 

Jayach_0-1696695081407.png