Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Just upgraded to 500 from 100. Getting 150 max

TechnicalMarvel
4: Newbie

So last night my 500meg fttp went live, and I got all,of an extra 30-50meg!  Having just got off the chat with support they said my router wasn’t updated and then proceeded to update it.  When the update was complete they said it would take 2 hours to fully take effect and then I’d see the correct speed.  The fibre optic network here is brand new and I was getting the full 100meg when on that plan.  Can anyone shed light plz?

36 REPLIES 36

Cynric
16: Advanced member

@Ripshod Hmm I've just dug-out a THG3000 and put it on my LAN and the Fibre Status only has 3 entries being "Status", "MaxBitRate" and "DuplexMode". Is this page now different with FTTP?

Ripshod

I'm not sure how the menus change between fttc and fttp as I don't use that router. It makes sense that the firmware modules between the two would be different, or the dsl stats page would show nothing. 

Jayach

@Cynric 

I'm not on FTTP, but from what other posts have said the connection speed is always shown as what the max for the connection is, i.e 900Mbs, the reduction to whatever service you have signed up to must be done at the other end.

Strange we don't seem to have anyone using the FTTP service with a THG3000 to confirm.

Cynric

@Jayach I think that sounds right. After trying some things on my LAN with the THG I have all it showed was 1,000 for the line.

CrimsonLiar

The ONT won't generate a "line speed", it'll just take the signal that it receives and put it onto a 1Gb ethernet cable. As for measuring the speed though, if you are using WiFi you need to make sure your WiFi speed is greater than the WAN speed.  Even if using an ethernet cable there's the need to check that the sync speeds there are sufficient, though if it's an ethernet cable 150Mbps is over the threshold...

I’m not. I’m measuring using ethernet.  And for me the minimum is 250mb.  They’ve already said it’s below the minimum.  I’ve just sent proof of this to Level 3 tech support.  I don’t get why they have not sent out Openreach tho.  One of the many I have spoken to said that he could detect a problem in the area with the infrastructure.  Getting texts saying your broadband is fixed when it’s not.  Usual standard 😒

@TechnicalMarvel PS. Also 7 mins into this video guide https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oYeJmJs9SM

edora19
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

bro u are a legend,i remember doing the same before i got my fiber,using vodafone night unlimited plans and downloading half per day.Life is much better now.

Jayach

@edora19 wrote:

@edora19 wrote:

bro u are a legend,i remember doing the same before i got my fiber,using vodafone night unlimited plans and downloading half per day.Life is much better now "removed"

i got this....

The scammers are working overtime, now they can't edit old posts.

So a little update.  After speaking with Level 2 support and sending loads of proof etc to L3 support, one gent, managed to find that there was indeed a fault.  He explained it as where their systems communicate with my router?  I'm still none the wiser to a solution and nor it seems are Vodafone.   I'm not really sure what else to do aside from taking this further.  Clearly something has happened during the process of increasing my speed top the 500meg plan,  I even asked them to revisit the upgrade and check for me and still nothing.  I just want a working service, or I want to leave.  Thats all and its not much to ask!  They havent even sent me a replacement router to try!