Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Just upgraded to 500 from 100. Getting 150 max

TechnicalMarvel
4: Newbie

So last night my 500meg fttp went live, and I got all,of an extra 30-50meg!  Having just got off the chat with support they said my router wasn’t updated and then proceeded to update it.  When the update was complete they said it would take 2 hours to fully take effect and then I’d see the correct speed.  The fibre optic network here is brand new and I was getting the full 100meg when on that plan.  Can anyone shed light plz?

36 REPLIES 36

on a side note also, im just checking my router logs to see if that can shed any light and im seeing 

'failed to send packet: Address family not supported by protocol'  

and lots of 

Failed to send DHCPV6 message to ff02::1:2 (Permission denied)

and 

Failed to send RS (Permission denied)

could any of these be a cause of my issue?

@TechnicalMarvel Sadly no, because Vodafone does not do IPv6.  The only thing that you can do currently is disable IPv6 in the router.

and the other no IP v6 messages?? Honestly, is there anything you can suggest this could be.  I'm having to ring VF L2 support every single day for chasing this ticket 

@TechnicalMarvel Given that I no-longer use their router; I believe that the only use you can make of IPv6 is internally on your LAN and if you are using a VPN or Microsoft's Direct Access to reach your workplace, for example.

Other than that, all the IPv6 entries in the log are because Vodafone's kit has its electonic fingers in its ears while chanting, "la-la-la I'm not listening". 😂

So maybe i could use another router.  Which one do you use??

@TechnicalMarvel As you're supposed to be getting speeds of 500Mbps, I wouldn't suggest that you use my router because I am old copper wires. Also there are some details that you'd have to get from Vodafone before the connection would work.

Have a search on the forum because there are discussions about using your own router.

Yeah I know about how to do that but but have just been looking on ebay and there are quite a lot of vodafone routers on there, and i was thinking of getting the upgraded white ultra hub, but would it just work or would the user and password be different because it was sent to a different user initially.

Please read through this https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Broadband-connection/THG3000-Router-VDSL-Username-and-Password-Confi...

Isn't it better to get your speed issue resolved first? VF will only accept circuit tests etc on the router which they supplied with your contract.

Yes, absolutely, but I'm resorting to trying things for myself.  VF seem incapable of doing so, so I guess its down to me to try

So a little update.  I sent them my router logs, and they said after looking the router is faulty and are issuing me a new one........