Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Just upgraded to 500 from 100. Getting 150 max

TechnicalMarvel
4: Newbie

So last night my 500meg fttp went live, and I got all,of an extra 30-50meg!  Having just got off the chat with support they said my router wasn’t updated and then proceeded to update it.  When the update was complete they said it would take 2 hours to fully take effect and then I’d see the correct speed.  The fibre optic network here is brand new and I was getting the full 100meg when on that plan.  Can anyone shed light plz?

36 REPLIES 36

@TechnicalMarvel wrote:

So a little update.  I sent them my router logs, and they said after looking the router is faulty and are issuing me a new one........ 

It seems unlikely to be the router, so do let us know if it cures it.

Hi guys, so as you might expect, the new router did nothing.  I’m now free to leave free of charge and am doing so.  Totally had enough of having to come home every night after being at work all day and then ring VF L2 support to keep chasing.  New broadband goes live soon, same speed £10 cheaper and I’ll have the 14 day to fall back on if necessary

Good luck with the new provider. 

Do let us know how it goes.

Well here I am, all plusnetted up.  So far so good paying £31.99 for 500mb getting 520 down and 70 up.  win win.  thanks for the help guys 

And you probably have working IPv6 too!

Is it broadband only with Plusnet, no phone service?

No, no phone service which is no loss to me as the house phone didn’t work with Vodafone anyway and when I asked tech support they couldn’t solve that either.  TBF it was barely used and hasn’t been missed.