Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Cannot set up number to be ex-directory

dezzanator
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Having joined Vodafone Broadband a couple of months ago and asking to be made ex-directory (both at the time of ordering and also checking that this was done when I called to add voicemail shortly after joining), my number still appears in the BT phonebook directory online. I've raised this with VF customer services - who said that I show as ex-directory on VF's system and to call BT to sort this out (which BT stated is wrong), and upon raising a complaint with VF was advised to call my previous supplier as they must have been the ones who set my number up in the directory (even if they did - which they did not - they also said it's up to the current provider to sort this out, as per BT's advice).

VF so far aren't doing anything about this and are adamant that I'll need to raise a 'high level' complaint with BT to resolve this, but as I have stated to them they will not deal with another ISP's customer directly. Can anyone please confirm what is the correct way to proceed with resolving this?

3 REPLIES 3

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm sorry you've received conflicting information about this @dezzanator. This is normally put in place when your number's activated and we'd transfer it over with the settings that already exist. With this said, we'll be happy to take a look into this and the options available regarding removing this from the directory. As we'll need access to your account to do this, please pop us a private message via Facebook or Twitter, with your full name and landline/account number and we'll be in touch.

Thanks for your reply Mark, unfortunately I don't have a Facebook or Twitter account. Complaints have now re-requested that my number is made ex-directory so hopefully that'll work in due course.

Stubbo
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey @dezzanator,

If you don't have Facebook or Twitter and need to contact us about something account specific, you can always contact us by Live Chat. 

Great to hear our Complaints Team have re-requested this for you. Let us know how it goes!