Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Digital voice reliability

jellison
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I just had an incident where I was unable to dial out on the landline but I could still receive calls.  The only way to restore service was to reboot the router.  After chatting with customer support they said they had accessed the router and not to worry, it wouldn't happen again.  However, I am still very concerned about the reliabilty of the digital voice in an emergency.  If I need to dial 999 I don't want to wait 5 minutes for the router to reboot, nor do I want to have to teach my family how to reset the router if they can't dial out in an emergency.  We have very poor mobile service here so the landline is my only access to 999.  Has anyone else experienced problems with digital voice?

Another thing that concerns me is that digital voice does not work in a power cut.  I was looking at the ofcom website and it states that if the customer does not have an alternative method of dialling 999 then the provider has to supply a battery backup system for the customer landline.  Has Vodafone done this for anyone?

0 REPLIES 0