cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Has anyone had success getting any basic VOIP phone to work over VF FTTC home BB?

DigitalNonsense
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

After asking a clueless rep, who seemed to think DECT is actually digital as they directed me to a VF shop to see if I could buy a handset advice, I come here.

Looking to use an IP phone as my old analogue is on its last legs and I really think buying another piece of junk to plug in via an adapter is a pointles step back particulalry as VF don't seem  to offer any call service add ons.

I have a THG3000 router working through a FTTC connection.

I don't need anything fancy just something with roughly the same capability as the BT Essential Digital Home Phone.

3 REPLIES 3

Ripshod
16: Advanced member

A VoIP phone or ATA will work with a third party router, but not with the Vodafone router. If you want to use the Vodafone router any PSTN phone will plug into the Tel socket on the router via Vodafone's adapter (which should be provided).

I suspected that may be the case. Vodafone really seem to be utterly unprepared for this forced move to VOIP on multiple levels. Their customer service reps are clearly unprepared for any technical questions beyond 'how do I plug my old phone in?'.

Time to set a days to go counter on my VF contract methinks.

Jayach

@DigitalNonsense wrote:
After asking a clueless rep, who seemed to think DECT is actually digital

To be fair, DECT is digital, it's just if you want to connect the DECT base to the Vodafone router, that is analogue.