cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Is it possible to revert to normal phone line instead of VOIP?

Casza
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I recently had Gigafast installed. The internet is great, however the phone line is a massive downgrade. I can no longer have features such as call waiting, caller display etc, I can't pay my rent over the phone as it does not pick up when I am typing in the star key, and a few other problems which I never had previously.

I am wondering if it is possible to keep my Gigafast internet and also have my old phone line re-enabled so that i can use normal landline rather than VOIP.

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @Casza 

I don't think so as both come hand in hand as Vodafone take over the phone line.

However that said it would harm to ask Vodafone officially and they can go through the issues your experiencing via calling 0333 304191 or engaging with the Vodafone Social Media Team's on Network-issues-initial-checks-and-template. 

I wish you all the best with this. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @Casza 

Speak to the Broadband Team from this link: Broadband and Home Phone FAQ's 

They will be able to let you know if it is possible to have a second line, but this may mean an additional number.

Jayach
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

@AnnS wrote:

They will be able to let you know if it is possible to have a second line, but this may mean an additional number.

And additional cost as you would be taking out another contract. presumably you could get any provider to supply the second line, not just Vodafone.

Do bear in mind that all lines should be VoIP by 2025. If Vodafone do not provide the services on VoIP that you require, taking a separate VoIP contract with another provider may prove cheaper than getting a second line.

Call waiting, caller display etc are often included, but I've no idea if the star key would work. Can't see why not, but then I can't see why it wouldn't work on Vodafone.

As I don't have Gigafast I can't guarantee any of the above is correct so you will need to do some research for yourself. Good Luck.