Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Landline not working

Douglasb
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I've just moved into a property with an existing FTTP installation and signed up for Superfast 2 + home phone. The broadband was activated as arranged but despite all my attempts, fruitless chats with support and finally finding this message board and buying the recommended BT to RJ adapter I cannot get a phone to work.

I  have tried using a brand new Panasonic KX-TGB610 using the fitted cable + the adapter and also swapping this for the 'internet'  dual RJ cable as supplied by Vodafone in the modem box.  I have also tried with a conference call phone I have again trying both cable methods to no avail.

The router I have at no point is showing any light on the phone indicator led. Should this be illuminated when there is a phone service even if there is no handset connected?  As it's not it makes me wonder if the phone line is not activated. Any comments appreciated.

All a bit of a PIA as the village I live in. is a mobile phone blackspot and I can't get any signal in the house at all - apparently this is true for all networks - so I am going to be reliant on the landline.

2 REPLIES 2

Jayach
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

@Douglasb wrote:

The router I have at no point is showing any light on the phone indicator led. Should this be illuminated when there is a phone service even if there is no handset connected?  As it's not it makes me wonder if the phone line is not activated. Any comments appreciated.

Unfortunately I don't have FTTP and so can't confirm if both a phone and activated service is needed to light the LED, it seems likely that your phone has simply not been enabled correctly by Vodafone.

Are you on Openreach FTTP or CityFibre, as apparently they have different requirements for enabling.

I'm afraid you will just have to keep on at Vodafone until they get it right, perhaps raising a complaint will help. Complaints Code of Practice | Vodafone

Farai
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey @Douglasb, I'm really sorry to hear about the issues you've been having with your landline. We'd recommend that your reach out to our dedicated FTTP team by calling 08080 034 515 from any UK mobile or landline. They'll be more than happy to help you investigate what's going on with your service 👍