Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Non working landline since getting FTTP

Leylo
3: Seeker

My FTTP went live on Thursday. I also got the phone service and transferred my home phone no. The instructions in the router say that an adaptor will be provided during set up but the Openreach engineer said it was nothing to do with him and I’d need to contact Vodafone. After several attempts to get through to the ‘xperts’ but being on endlesss hold both via phone and chat , I eventually got through to the standard customer services team. They told me that I was responsible for sorting my own adaptor and it wasn’t anything to do with them, despite what it says in the set up instructions about one being provided. They eventually agreed that they’d credit me with one if I bought it. It arrived today (the one on Amazon that’s been recommended here various times RJ11 to BT) I plugged it in to the router and nothing. Dead phone and an error message on my BT 8600 handsets about no line connection. I then went through the pain of contacting customer services again, and one hour 15 mins later still no working phone. He just told me that he’d reported it as a fault. 
Reading through some posts on here, it seems that I’m not alone! My question is, what do I need to do to get this sorted? 
Could it be a compatability issue with the BT 8600 handsets? Is the adaptor the right one? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jayach
16: Advanced member

Don't leave it too long until you give them a call, in my experience they do absolutely nothing until they are chased

View solution in original position

18 REPLIES 18

Leylo

Just to add to this, there are no lights showing on the router for the phone whatsoever. Nothing at all. The customer services person I chatted to didn’t believe  me and said there shouldn’t be some liftt even if it was red but there really isn’t! Coukd it be that Vodafone haven’t set the phone service up properly? 

Jayach

@Leylo wrote:

Coukd it be that Vodafone haven’t set the phone service up properly? 

Almost certainly, however it could be the router needs updating. Either way you are going to nee to contact Vodafone again. I assume this is the adapter you bought: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Rhinocables®-Socket-Telephone-Adaptor-White/dp/B00EVS5UZ2/

Try the live chat, it may be better than the phone support. https://www.vodafone.co.uk/bbservcd/

Thanks - yes, that’s the adaptor I bought. I’ve now had a text about my fault with a phone no and reference code to quote if I need to contact them about it 

Jayach

Don't leave it too long until you give them a call, in my experience they do absolutely nothing until they are chased

Thanks I’ve been given a phone no in the text they sent with  the fault reference. Is it better to chase them on that or by chat?

Jayach

If you have been given a phone number that should go direct to 2nd line, so I would use that.

Update -phone line now working. It hadn’t been provisioned correctly. Had 2 calms from 2nd line tonight and they provisioned it properly. Now for my complaint after being without home phone for 4 days!!

Jayach

Glad you have it working now. Perhaps I maligned 2nd line unfairly when I said they wouldn't do anything unless you chased them.

Still don't understand why Vodafone don't supply all FTTP customers with an adapter. It means most new customers can't use their phones until they get one.

Yes, that’s the adaptor. It seems they’ve logged a fault as I’ve had a text with a ref no