cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

switched provider to Vodaphone but now can't get incoming calls which is vitally important

Mazzy13
4: Newbie

Switchd ed from Tact lktalk to Vodaphone and can't get incoming calls but can phone out. Everything else is ok. Contacted Vodaphone twice who keep saying it will activate soon but nothing. I need this phone for emergency contact from my mother. Getting really anxious and wish I hadn't switched.

14 REPLIES 14

network123
5: Helper

Did you switch from FTTC to FTTP? If so, you could try plugging the phone line into the original phone line until it's ported over to VOIP.

If this isn't the case, I'm not sure sorry.

Original phone line has gone.

Jayach
16: Advanced member

Are you on FTTP, with the phone connected to the TEL port on the router?

Just in case your number has been lost in the switch, try ringing a mobile and see it is still your number.

Yes FTTP and phone is connected. Can make outgoing calls, no problem but cannot receive calls. Everything else connected is working fine and wifi really fast.

How long since you've switched, and copper line completely removed (assuming you were on FTTC with your previous provider)?

Jayach

Did you check it is the correct number?

If you are getting nowhere with support, try raising a complaint. Complaints Code of Practice | Vodafone

Just a week. Got through today on chat line and told service will be fully connected on 9/3 ....that would be two weeks after switch !!! Vodaphone blaming Talktalk and vice versa. My head is cabbaged with it all and all to save £15 per month !

Well 9/3 came and guess what?Yep, still not sorted. After yet another hour on the phone promised it will be sorted within 24 hours. Won't hold my breath !

Jayach

@Mazzy13 wrote:

Vodaphone blaming Talktalk and vice versa. 

If you are able to phone out, but not receive, I don't see how it could possibly be TalkTalk's fault.

You haven't confirmed it is definitely calling out with your phone number?

all and all to save £15 per month !

That will come to a fair amount over the two year contract.