Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

4G Home Broadband

Darrenf0x
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi Guys,

I today purchased a sim/mobile account from the Vodafone store with unlimited data and calls, I believe it to be just a normal phone contract sim, I was told that it would work with my recently purchesed Huawei AI cube B900, but I just can not get it to connect to the internet, If I put the sim into a phone it works and connects to the internet OK, and the router works fine with a 3 mobile and an O2 sim in it, Ive had a little search on here/online and seen aot about changing IP and DNS settings but im not to clued up on this.

Do I have the wrong contract as in should it be a broadband sim?

Is it vodafone and the cube not compatible?

why does my standard mobile O2 sim and a 3 mobile data sim work OK?

or is it just me not knowing how to set it up?

Thanks in advance

Darren

33 REPLIES 33

WelshPaul
16: Advanced member

You want to cancel that sim/contract aand get a mobile broadband sim.

https://www.vodafone.co.uk/data-only-sim?ltpn=UK:UCMS:Homepage&ltsn=vf-meganavMeganav&lts1=6&lts2=2&...

Hi Paul, thanks for the reply,

So went into a vodafone store today to check this out, it seems the sim card I have is correct and good, and my router is good, so at the vodafone store my sim and my router works OK, when I come home I have no connection and no signal, so went back to the vodafone store and all works again, come home no signal, so after speaking to vodafone again they are saying it is because I have a static IP address and that it needs to be changed to a dynamic IP address, my issue with this is the router works with a 3 mobile and an O2 sim in it, when the Vodafone sim is inserted into a mobile phone it work OK, Please help

WelshPaul

@Darrenf0x wrote:

they are saying it is because I have a static IP address and that it needs to be changed to a dynamic IP address

What do they mean you have a static IP? on what device are they refering to? If it works at the store and not when you're at home, you sure it's just not a case of there being no Vodafone signal at your home?

Did you manage to make it work? I have bought the same device and I'm only getting 3G !

Hi @sok7 

Are you using a Data SIM in the device? Have you ever been able to get 4G and have you also checked the network in your area here?

Hi @markD

Yes I have.

The sim works out of the box in the MiFi device and in my phone.

For some reason, when I put it into the AI Cube (B900-23) it doesn't register with Voda 4G but only Voda 3G (from the network list). When trying to pick it manually it literally says "failed."

However, I found that after the device is open for roughly 24-36 hours it will register. It's very strange because I had to switch it off last night and it came back on as 3G and only today it went to 4G again.

Any thoughts?

Stubbo
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Good Afternoon @sok7,

As the Vodafone SIM works out of the device and in your phone, this doesn't sound as though it's an issue with the SIM. I'd suggest you contact Huawei about this and see if they can shed a bit of light! 

Let us know how you get on 😎

I have tried contacting them, they suggest I tried a different sim which I have (Three) and it connected to 4G straight away...

Beth
Community Manager
Community Manager

@sok7 You've advised above that when you leave the Vodafone SIM in the device for a few days this then connects to 4G. Are you able to try this again?

It may be a case of stablising the connection between the two and it's just taking longer than other providers SIMs. As to why that would be happening, I'm not sure, but please let us know if you get a stable 4G connection once the SIM has been in the device for a few days or if this drops again for you.