cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Asked chat agent to end contract but it is still running, what can I do?

Dome89
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi guys,

a couple of months ago I reached out to Vodafone via chat support and asked to cancel my contract or what I have to do to process my request. I was offered some alternative options but declined and the agent told me that he will pass my request to the team. 

I left with the assumption that it will be canceled but realised it is still running. 

Unfortunately, I have not saved the chat transcript - I was hoping to find it somewhere in my Vodafone account to see if I wasn't clear enough or caused any misunderstandings. 

Is there anything I can do? I'm sure Vodafone stores these types of chats somewhere. Am I wrong to assume that my contract would be canceled? 

1 REPLY 1

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @Dome89 

You can't cancel a contract using live chat, it has to be done by calling and passing GDPR data protection. 

Fortunately, it has only been 2 months, the quickest way to end your mobile broadband contract will be using a STAC code, this is going to need the SIM put into a phone and texting STAC to 75075.  If you know anyone on any other network give them the code to submit to their provider and the mobile broadband contract will be cancelled within 24 hours.

The only thing to be careful about is making sure you receive the final 0.00 bill as your confirmation the account is fully closed and all payments have been made.  You won't need to cancel the direct debit, Vodafone will do the cancellation.

Further information here: Cancel Account