Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Cancelling MiFi Contract

Grimshaw80
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi.

I purchased a MiFi device on a rolling 30 day contract a few weeks ago, to cover me while moving house (House had no Internet Infrastructure installed)

I just called to cancel, as I now have Broadband, and was told via the automed system that no one can take my call, and then the line hung up.

Im pretty sure If I had been looking to buy something I would have made it through very quickly.

If no-one is willing to take my call, then how do I cancel?

I will be cancelling my Direct Debit immediately, but do want to speak with someone about cancelling officially.

Thanks. 

6 REPLIES 6

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @Grimshaw80 

First please don't cancel your direct debit as this could lead to difficulties down the line such as Vodafone chasing monies , debt collection agencies and in the extreme defaults lasting 6 years. 

It's easier to get a refund than get a default removed.

As the callcentres will be stretched due to the COVID-19 pandemic I'd suggest to contact the Vodafone Social Media Team via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries as they have full account access.

Live Chat is an option too.

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈

@

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

DD is cancelled.

Vodafone have tried to avoid dealing with my enquiry, therefore this is the only option.

BandOfBrothers

@Grimshaw80 wrote:

DD is cancelled.

Vodafone have tried to avoid dealing with my enquiry, therefore this is the only option.

That is I understand your personal decision to cancel your direct debit but until you've cancelled the contract you are still liable for any charges / billing and the consequences of cancelling your Direct Debit I've detailed above.

We see so many posts from people who have cancelled their direct debit before any final payments are collected and the fallout from defaults on a Credit File.

I therefore urge you again to use the Social Media Link I've added earlier,and or use Live Chat.

The Callcentres are experiencing issues due to staffing levels due to these unprecedented times. They are not im sure intentionally trying to stop people from cancelling by phone.

It is of course completely up to you how you decide to proceed. 

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Hi @Grimshaw80 I can understand how frustrating it would be not being able to reach us regarding this. As @BandOfBrothers advised, we're extremely busy at the moment and this is causing a delay in us being able to help. If you've not managed to reach us to advise you want to cancel your service, this will remain active and if unchecked the charges raised could have an impact on your credit file going forward. So we can get this sorted for you, please pop us a private message on either Twitter or facebook with your full name and account/mobile number and we'll be able to help. If you can include a link to this thread, this will avoid you having to repeat yourself.

I'm stuck in a similar situation here...

I did get through at first but then was transferred 3 times as "it wasn't the correct department" (how does that even happen...?). Currently trying the social media option, hope that works out.

Is live chat able to process the whole cancelation?

Thanks

Edit: Social media tells me to do it through live chat, and live chat tells me to call again.. Here we go another hour or two of waiting and being transferred

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@lemosilveira If you're still unable to reach the team on 191, please let us know through social media and we can give you a call to transfer you through to the dedicated team :Thumbs_Up: You can also pop your Community username into your message to us with a link to your post and we can chase this up for you if needed.