main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Mobile Broadband

Closest mast likely speed Tr153fp

maxwonga
2: Seeker

The broadband at home is no good . I have an unlimited 3 contract but speed is also not good . My phone contract with virgin , currently ee I believe is better, but like to know if vodaphone would be any good . I have a huwawe 4g router 

thanks 

sean 

View more options
2 REPLIES 2
AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @maxwonga 

Vodafone will be supplying Virgin mobile services later in the year. See here: Virgin Media and Vodafone strike new mobile deal

The best way is to try the service for yourself, this doesn't necessarily need to be a mobile broadband contract, you can get an idea of coverage by using a PAYG voice SIM here: Free SIM   You are free to use the SIM in the router and a lot cheaper than a data SIM here: PAYG data SIM 

The coverage checker at the top of the page should give an indication of the speed you can expect to achieve at the location.

View more options
maxwonga
2: Seeker

Hi,

I have started a contract with Vodaphone and speed was at 17mbps whi was  great improvement however already it had dropped down to 8 I have ordered a external directional Antenna, guess I will have to move around until the best signal as it seems top secret as to where mast is ! I will have to consider cancelling within 14 day cool off period if speed stays slow as may aswell be with three at these speeds and pay a lot less.

View more options