Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Dongle has no number

khannaford
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hiya. I'm a bit confused. I bought a Vodafone Dongle a few weeks ago and the data on it as run out. I am struggling to top it up as it requires a mobile number to do so. The Vodafone website says it's under the diagnostics on the website but it just says 'number unknown' on there. I can't seem to get more data without a mobile number. Can anyone help me navigate my way round this please?

7 REPLIES 7

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @khannaford 

The sim card in the dongle will have a number assigned to it.

I haven't used a Vodafone Dongle that has a Vodafone Sim card in but by looking at a Forum Search it appears the information should be held within the ' Dashboard '

The way I'm aware of to find the number is to insert the sim card into a phone that will accept a Vodafone sim card and dial  *#100# free. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thank you but it says ‘number unknown’ in the device information online. My phone is an O2 phone so I can’t insert the sim into it, I don’t think. I’m totally baffled. 

AnnS

It's not surprising you are baffled @khannaford , the number should be displayed in the device online information.

Apart from that, the number should also be on the SIM card packaging.

Certainly give live chat a try for quickness.  Alternatively, follow this link and speak to the Social Team 

Farai
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

I'm sorry to hear that you've been having issues getting your number @khannaford. As @AnnS suggested, I'd also recommend that you reach out to us over on Twitter or Facebook here with your account number handy, we'd be more than happy to help you find out the number linked to your mobile broadband router 👍

I don’t have an account number as I can’t register without the mobile number and I haven’t got one. It seems to be a vicious circle. But I’ll try Twitter - thanks. 

Farai
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

When you first process the mobile broadband order, we typically send a confirmation email which would show the Vodafone account number linked to your account @khannaford. I'd recommend that you search your emails for that initial email from us to see if you can find that account number - we'll need it to verify your identity over social media. An alternative would be to pop into your local Vodafone store with the SIM in question and some photographic I.D,  they'll be more than happy to assist you in finding out your number there too. You can find out what stores are local to you 👉 here.

AnnS

Hi @khannaford 

The SIM can certainly be inserted into a phone to find the number.  An easier way is to look at the mobile connect software this would have been installed when you first used the dongle.  Vodafone certainly don't make this obvious from here: Getting Started with Mobile Broadband and seem to assume a new customer would know how to find the number for adding a data pack and this should be included on the website.

There is also further information on device guides here: Device Guides