Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

GigaCube slowness

10hartz
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi,

Has anyone with the Gigacube had recent drop outs?

Its been performing well for quite a few weeks but recently its been shockingly bad and dropping down to 1mbps with a previous of 30mbps on average. I was wandering if Vodafone has done anything to help anyone out that has had the same issue. Its basically unusable,

We have the unlimited bundle and we use a lot of it because there are 7 of us in the house. Im just wandering if Vodafone slow us down on purpose to use less of their data?

The masts seem to have no problems either, so is the signal just very inconsistent? i would have thought after more people are going back to work it would get better but its gotten worse.

Let me know.

Thanks, Zak

3 REPLIES 3

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hey @10hartz - has there been any improvement in your service since you first posted? Are you having problems with all of the devices connected, or just certain ones? Please let us know your full postcode and we'll be happy to take a closer look into the service around that area for you too, to see if that might be causing some disruption. 

Hi @TJ

It hasn't gotten any better. Yes its all the devices. We are daily resting it and still does nothing. I've checked the mast but apparently there's nothing wrong with them. Full Post code is EX16 7LD. It was very good for first 5 months of getting it, now its all gone down hill with inconsistent 4g. Hope you can help.

Thanks, Zak

Thanks @10hartz 

On first inspection, you're right, everything is looking good at the postcode. However, we would love to take a look at this in more detail. Just drop us a message over Facebook or Twitter, the contact details can be found here 👍