Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

GigaCube unstable 5G

Ash194
5: Helper

Despite having a full 5G signal at all times the GigaCube randomly drops away. The only way to get it back is to login to the device and run a location test, this in turn forces it to jump back into 5G with a full signal. Just wondering why the device is not doing this automatically if it momentarily looses the 5G signal? I don't want to have to keep doing this .

57 REPLIES 57

Andy

Hi @Ash194, your GigaCube should be setup to automatically connect to the strongest signal available without you having to do anything. Could you check some settings for me

In the Settings tab, click Dial-up

- From the Dial-up dropdown, choose Network Settings 

- From the Preferred Mode dropdown, make sure this is set to 5G

- From the Network Search Mode dropdown, choose Automatic

If the issues continues can you contact us by Facebook or Twitter from your own social account where we will check some more things out including the Network in your area.

Hi unfortunately the option to change the network search setting is defaulted to auto with no option to change them.

Hi there Ash194, 

Did you ever get any updates for your router?

I have the same problem too that I can't change the auto setting in network mode or network search mode.

I am on firmware v 10.0.1.1 (H302SP2C983) 

I have automatic updates turned on but have never had any updates yet. 

Just wondering if you have had an update that allows you to select your connection mode. 

I've also noticed that if you drop down to say 3G the front indicator turns correctly to yellow but if you look at the home page it still indicates 4G.

On my other Huawei routers whatever mode you are in, is correctly reported on the home page but it seems on this router it isn't working correctly. 

Just got home and it's the same story. This needs feeding back as a firmware bug.  Tried to upload photos but it seems your forum platform is about as reliable as the gigacubes, just got spinning wheels.

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)

Thanks for confirming that @Ash194, I'm sorry to hear you're still having issues. Have you checked for any firmware updates? You can make sure your Gigacube is automatically updatng here: 

1. Enter http: //giga.cube in the address field of your internet browser and open the  GigaCube web interface.
  2. Select Settings >  Updates.
  3. Click on  Automatic update to activate the function.

I have and it's on the latest firmware. It's strange that it looses it at the same time each day which is around 17:00 makes me wonder if something in the environment is causing it. I know most cell towers will allow the NOC to pull historic RSSI values would be interesting to see if the value changes around this hour? Or is there perhaps a Scheduled RET adjustment around this time? I appreciate these are all questions for the NOC which I'm not sure you have access to? 

But even with all of this being the case the device should automatically jump back on 5G once the inturrption has passed, I should not have to run a location test in order to force it back on 5G every evening.

Thanks for this information. It is very useful

Hi I'm still having to manually put my gigacube onto 5G manually via the location optimizer at least once a day. Is there anywhere I can feed this back to Huweie as a bug? I do wonder however if I could change 5G to the preferred network as previously suggested if that will help? Is it vodafone that has locked down being able to change this setting?

TJ

I'm sorry to hear you're still having trouble with your Gigacube @Ash194 - did you contact us via one of our social channels here