Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Gigacube 192.168.8.1

herosrest
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I was pleasantly surprised with this equipment...... it works and works well in a three storey house. Having found this out with an afternoons testing yesterday it was time to get into some admin and register with MyVodaphone. Things don't change, do they.

So..... cannot register by the various means offered. Order number...... Sim phone number..... error messages. So... OK, try it using the Gigacube rather than exising cable router. No..... OK 192.168.8.1....... requires the password to be changed and I assume that firmware updates and whatever latest flavour of admin security is unleashed and I can do things and register with  My Vodafone with the Cube talking to its servers and happy that the password has been changed. Please correct me if i'm wrong.

I do not wish to change the existing password and that seems to be the problem. Again I could be wrong but there is nothing on Earth that is going to induce me to change the factory setting password. From the look of it it is unique anyway but yet again I might be wrong, however, this is an impasse which leaves the router unusable and to my mind (yes, it is tiny) this is crass sillyness of the first order. I do not wish to change the password. In reality, I am not going to. Ever. So...... it's been a short return to Vodaphone unless someone can help me to bypass the matter.

12 REPLIES 12

Yey!    [img][/img]

11:20 Boot B528 log on to WiFi

Vodafone support pages - How can I check my monthly GigaCube data usage?

The best way of doing this is on the My Vodafone app – this will give you a real-time view of your data usage. Alternatively, existing Vodafone Pay monthly customers can also log into My Vodafone on the Vodafone website.

11:29 Log in to My Vodafone
11:30 We didn’t recognise your username or password
Just tell us your username and we'll send you an email so you can reset it.
Sorry, there seems to be a problem
We didn't recognise the username you entered. Please try again. Don't worry - we can help if you've forgotten your username. - [Error ref 1g1]

Forgotten username
To recover your username, you'll need your:

Vodafone phone number or Home Broadband order number
PIN or memorable word

Get username
I have a Vodafone Home Broadband order number

NOTE - I DO NOT HAVE A PIN or Memorable word set up. How could I?

SBL NUMBER INPUT

11:36 It looks like you have a valid Vodafone mobile or landline number. Please recover your username using this phone number.

pHONE NUMBER ENTERED. REQUIRES EMAIL AND PIN OR MEMORABLE WORD

No hint for memorable word. Pin 0000 given

11:39 Sorry, there seems to be a problem
You seem to have given us the wrong Email address. Please try again - [Error ref 1g1]

Your PIN was not recognised. Please try again. If this still doesn't work you will need to restart the journey - [Error ref 1g1]

Sorry, there seems to be a problem - you will need to restart the journey - [Error ref 1g1]

Thank you for your patience
We’re working hard to get everything done and dusted and back to normal soon.

Need some help in the meantime?
Find the answers you need in our Support Centre.

Go to FAQs

Thank you for your patience
We’re working hard to get everything done and dusted and back to normal soon.

Need some help in the meantime?
Find the answers you need in our Support Centre.

Go to FAQs

CHECK BT Call charges.
11:55 Not clear whether I will be charged for caling 03333040191 - therefore no call.

11:55 out - Furniture delivery for onward to new property.

12:08 Chat started

12:11 All our agents are currently assisting other customers. The next available agent will be with you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

12:20 With agent
12:37 Agent yesterday updated account to wrong email address - hence no account password reset reached my email.
12:50 Account accessed

Histrionicus histrionicus 

It was too good to be true......

Stuck in texting verification loop now - what is wrong with .......................... hopeless.

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @herosrest, I'm disappointed to hear you've had these problems trying to set up your My Vodadfone app. I can see earlier in this thread you mentioned raising a complaint about this. Have our Customer Relations team been in touch? If not, pop us a private message on Facebook or Twitter with a link to this thread and we'll be able to pick it up. If they're already in touch with you, continue to work with them and I'm sure they'll get everything sorted 😁